Traveling at the beginning of the cold and flu season many times means coming down with something that can make our trip miserable. The dry air in airplanes and the crowded airports facilitate the transmission of virus and bacteria increasing our changes of catching an infection.
Packing this simple wellness kit can help us maintain good health while we travel.
- EmergenC, drinking this combination of vitamin C and electrolytes provide proper hydration and immune support. The dryness in air cabins is very hard on our system. Up to eight ounces of water is recommended for each hour of flight.
- XClear, spraying some XClear in our noses prevents the mucous membranes from drying and becoming more susceptible to virus and bacteria.
- Triphala, an excellent source of fiber, aids with constipation, a common occurrence during trips. Proper elimination is important to get rid of toxins and maintain good health.
- Melatonin, will adjust our circadian clock to time changes and ensure good sleep. Good rest keeps our immune system strong.
- Herban Essentials towelettes, made with essential oils, these pleasantly smelling towelettes kill virus and bacteria without harsh chemicals.
Ursula Schmidt, LAc