(Gluten and dairy free)
Total cooking time: 1hour
This is a tasty and healthy Asian style recipe. Easy to prepare, ideal for the first warm days of the season!
- 1 lb. fish (halibut, cod, salmon, tuna, orange roughy, mahi mahi or combination) cut in 1 inch pieces.
- 4 bamboo skewers soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 1 cup basmati or other white rice
- 1tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2TBS. soy sauce
- 1tsp. sesame oil
- 3 TBS. rice wine or white wine
Mix ingredients in a shallow dish and marinade fish for at least 1/2 hour, turning occasionally.
While the fish marinades cook the rice in 2 cups of water and prepare the salad and the dressing.
Thread fish in skewers and grill on high heat for 3 or 4 minutes per side, turning once.
- 4 heaping cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup torn basil
- ½ cup coarsely grated daikon radish
Combine ingredients in a salad bowl.
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 chile de arbol or pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2TBS. rice vinegar
- 1TBS. soy sauce
- 4 TBS vegetable oil.
Mix all ingredients and season salad. Serve fish with rice and salad.